Shiite Cleric Sayed Kamel Al-Hashimi Transferred to “Jaw” Prison to Serve Previous Jail Term
2018-11-02 - 6:37 p
Bahrain Mirror: Shiite cleric Sayed Kamel Al-Hashimi was transferred to Jaw Central Prison to serve a 3-year jail term issued against him since 2016, news indicated.
Al-Hashimi was arrested during Ashura season 2018 after publishing a comment on his Instagram account in which he attacked the government over arrest of preachers.
The second high appeals court had issued a 3-year jail term against him over charges of "insuliting King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa in a Friday sermon in Barbar Mosque and Bani Jamra Obsequy" and "inciting hatred against a sect". The court issued 2-year jail against him over the first charge and one-year jail term over the second one.
- 2023-05-30On Way to Jaw Prison: Conversation with Martyr Ahmad Asfour Narrated by Sheikh Ali Salman's Wife
- 2023-05-29Al-Wefaq: Saudi Regime's Execution of Two Bahraini Youths is Sin
- 2023-05-293 HR Organizations: Saudi Execution of Two Detained Bahrainis is Extrajudicial Killing
- 2023-05-29Bahrain Scholars: Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan are Two of the Nation's Martyrs
- 2023-05-29Sheikh Ali Salman Offers Condolences to Parents of Two Martyrs Sadiq Thamer, Jaafar Sultan