CNN: Mike Pompeo Told Mohammed bin Salman “his Future as King is at Stake”
2018-10-19 - 6:32 p
Bahrain Mirror: US the Secretary of State Mike Pompeo told Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman during his last visit to Riyadh that "his future as king is at stake".
A source, described by CNN as being familiar with the meeting between the two men, said that Pompeo told Prince Mohammed that the Saudi authorities should move very quickly to deal with those responsible for the disappearance or death of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
Pompeo went on to tell the prince "bluntly that if they don't, the US will have to deal with this," the source said, and "will take action because the world will demand it and that President Trump's hand will be forced by the global pressure."
- 2022-07-07Israel Reaches Record Trade Increase With Arab States Under Abraham Accords
- 2022-06-10Israeli PM Bennett Visits Abu Dhabi, Meets with UAE President
- 2022-06-10Israelis to be Allowed into Qatar for World Cup, Officials Say
- 2022-06-06Biden should not Visit Saudi, Meet Crown Prince: US Lawmaker Adam Schiff
- 2022-06-01Israel Signs UAE Free Trade Deal, Its First in Arab World