Al-Wefaq Mourns Al-Sitri: He Spoke Up for the People’s Livelihood Issues and Political Rights without Hesitation
2018-10-15 - 1:06 am
Bahrain Mirror: The National Islamic Al-Wefaq Society mourned Sheikh Abdul-Hussein Al-Sitri, one of Bahrain's leading religious scholars, who passed away on Sunday (October 14, 2018), after "decades of religious, social, national and Jihadi advancements on all levels since his early years until his last breath," according to a series of tweets sent by the Society's official Twitter account.
Al-Wefaq expressed "deep condolences to the people of Bahrain for the demise of Al-Sitri" and said that "His Eminence had a vital role and did not rest for six decades."
"Al-Sitri was known in the scientific community and had a prominent role in religious, cultural, social and service activities. He defended the people's livelihood causes and spoke up for their political rights without hesitation," Al-Wefaq added.
Al-Wefaq went on to say that "Al-Sitri was one of the most prominent scholars in Bahrain and among a group of senior clerics, devoted to preserving Islamic and national unity, societal peace, care for the people's interests and nonstop calls for peace, good and righteousness."
Al-Wefaq called upon the Bahraini people from all regions to participate in the funeral procession of the late scholar, to attend the funeral gatherings and follow the example of the and honorable life journey of the prominent cleric, also calling on the people to adhere to what his eminence insisted on that is the need for reform and unity.
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
comments powered by Disqus