Haj Majid “Sumoud” Sentenced to 6 Months in Jail over Assembly Charge
2018-10-12 - 6:41 p
Bahrain Mirror: Bahrain's minor criminal court sentenced on Wednesday (October 10, 2018) Haj Majid Abdullah, known as "Haj Sumoud" to 6 months in jail over assembly charge in 2015, i.e. 3 year earlier.
Haj Majid was arrested last September along with number of Shiite activists and clerics over taking part in commemorating Ashura rituals.
Haj Majid has been jailed more than once over charge of taking part in unlicensed protests and assembling. He was released in April 2018, after serving 6-month jail term over assembly case.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture