Appeal Court: 26 Lawyers Appointed for Some Defendants in "Zulfiqar Brigades" Case
2018-10-09 - 6:12 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahraini High Court of Appeal decided to appoint 26 lawyers for the same number of defendants in the Zulfiqar Brigades case, with the case adjourned to October 26, 2018.
The case involves 87 appellants out of 115, 53 of which were sentenced to life imprisonment, three were sentenced to 15 years of imprisonment, one defendant to 10 years, 15 to 7 years, 37 to 5 years, and 6 defendants to 3 years, also revoking the citizenships of all of the defendants.
The Public Prosecution announced that it had completed the investigation in the case of the formation of the "Zulfiqar Brigades", referring 138 defendants to court, including 86 defendants in custody and 52 fugitives who the authorities failed to arrest.
A large number of citizens were apprehended by the security authorities at the beginning of November 2015 and referred them to the prosecution on November 25th. The prosecution investigated the case for a period of 10 months and then referred them to trial later.
A number of defendants complained to their families that they had been subjected to severe torture at the hands of the security forces, who extracted from them confessions, based on which they were referred to the prosecution.
- 2023-06-08Bahrain Stripped of FEI Endurance World Championship Title After Tribunal Decision
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
comments powered by Disqus