Court Upholds 3-Year Prison Sentence over Assembly in Sitra
2018-10-10 - 1:56 am
Bahrain Mirror: The first High Criminal Court of Appeal in Bahrain upheld three years' imprisonment for a defendant charged with assembling and and having possession of Molotov cocktails in Sitra.
The defendant was one of the 22 defendants charged in the same case. They were convicted by a court of first instance and sentenced to three years' imprisonment for assembling, possession of Molotov cocktails and assault on a policeman.
The Public Prosecutor's Office accused the defendants, whose ages range from 15 to 26, of assaulting a policeman, along with unknown suspects, on September 1, 2014, while he was on duty, causing the injuries described in the medical report. The attack did not result in illness or inability preventing him from performing his personal affairs for more than twenty days. The Prosecutor also accused them of acquiring and having possession of flammable and explosive devices for the purpose of endangering people's lives as well as private and public property, and joining, along with unidentified persons, an assembly of more than five persons intended to commit crimes and disturb public security, using violence to achieve their goal.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture
comments powered by Disqus