UK Urges Restraint over Disagreement between Saudi Arabia and Canada
2018-08-09 - 6:58 p
Bahrain Mirror- Reuters: Britain urged Canada and Saudi Arabia to show restraint on Tuesday amid a diplomatic row triggered by Canadian comments expressing concern over the arrests of activists in Saudi Arabia.
"Canada and Saudi Arabia are both close partners of the UK, and we urge restraint during the current situation," a foreign office spokeswoman said.
"The UK is a strong supporter of human rights. We regularly raise our concerns with the Saudi Government about human rights issues, including the recent arrests of human rights defenders."
- 2022-07-07Israel Reaches Record Trade Increase With Arab States Under Abraham Accords
- 2022-06-10Israeli PM Bennett Visits Abu Dhabi, Meets with UAE President
- 2022-06-10Israelis to be Allowed into Qatar for World Cup, Officials Say
- 2022-06-06Biden should not Visit Saudi, Meet Crown Prince: US Lawmaker Adam Schiff
- 2022-06-01Israel Signs UAE Free Trade Deal, Its First in Arab World