Bahraini Authorities Demolish Base and Fence Established by Residents for Shiite Mosque Destroyed in 2011
2018-08-08 - 2:45 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahraini authorities re-demolished the bases of a mosque they have already destroyed during their campaign that targeted Shiite mosques after 2011 protests.
Eyewitnesses said that a bulldozer affiliated with the interior ministry demolished a base and fence temporarily established by the residents for Al-Alawiyat mosque in Al-Zinj within efforts to rebuild it.
The report issued by Bahrain Independent Commission of Inquiry headed by American Judge Mahmoud Cherif Bassiouni stated that the authorities demolished more than 30 Shiite mosques in 2011 in the framework of a reprisal response on the protests erupted at that time and whose complications are still ongoing.
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations