Shiite Cleric Released after Serving 6-Month Jail Term over Taking Part in Protest in Manama
2018-07-14 - 7:33 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahraini security authorities released on Thursday (July 12, 2018) Shiite cleric Sheikh Hani Al-Bazaz after serving his 6-month jail term, over taking part in a peaceful protest in Manama.
A Bahraini court had sentenced two Shiite clerics Sheikh Adel Al-Shaala and Sheikh Hani Al-Bazaz to 6 months in jail over assembly case in Manama in 2011 and set a bail to stop the execution of sentence. Meanwhile, an appeals court upheld the ruling later.
Photos showed dozens of citizens receiving Al-Bazaz after his release yesterday night.
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations