Bahrain: Authorities Summon Shiite Citizens to Take DNA Samples from Them without Judicial Order
2018-06-18 - 9:35 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahraini security authorities summoned on Thursday (June 14, 2018) a number of Shiite citizens and took DNA samples from them, without a judicial order, activists stressed.
Lawyer Abdulla Al-Shamlawi confirmed the circulated news, saying that the Criminal Investigation Department summoned the prominent Shiite cleric Hani Al-Bana'a "without investigating him. However, the CID took DNA samples from him and from others of different ages and countries".
Al-Shamlawi concluded saying that "exposing a human for medical examination without his consent is an affront to humanity."
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Int’l Monitors to Visit Prisons
- 2023-03-17ADHRB to UN: What are Your Steps to Hold Bahrain Accountable for Spying on Dissidents?