Shura Council Convenes Exceptional Session on Wednesday to Discuss Retirement Law Amendments
2018-06-11 - 11:22 am
Bahrain Mirror: The Shura Council announced in its session on Sunday that it received a letter from speaker of House of Representatives, Ahmed Al-Mulla, about the council's conclusions regarding the new bill that stipulates amending some provisions of the public authority for social insurance and the other bill that stipulates amending some provisions of law on "military retirement".
It was confirmed that the council will hold an exceptional session to discuss the service committee's report.
Sources stated that the session might be held this Wednesday (June 13, 2018), before the deadline that is set on June 19.
The Shura services committee agreed on the 2 bills, amid a parliamentary rejection consensus and street pressure to refuse it, local newspapers reported.
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini