Cassation Court Overrules Prison Verdict against Sayed Kamel Al-Hashimi, Court Issues 3-Month Jail Term against Shiite Cleric
2018-05-10 - 7:30 p
Bahrain Mirror: Lawyer Abdullah Al-Shamlawi said that the court of cassation overruled a prison verdict issued against Shiite cleric Sayed Kamel Al-Hashimi over one of his sermons, and referred the case to another court to reconsider it.
The Appeals court, presided over by judge Ibrahim Al-Zayed, upheld, in March 2016, 3-year jail term against Al-Hashimi over charges of inciting hatred against a sect and insulting the king in a Friday sermon he delivered in mosque in Barbar and obsequy in Bani Jamra.
On the other hand, activists reported that a Bahraini court sentenced Shiite cleric Sheikh Ali Rahma to 3 months in jail over taking part in the sit-in held outside the house of spiritual leader of Shia majority in Bahrain Sheikh Isa Qassim. The activists said that the court set 500 BD as a bail to stop the execution of sentence.
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations