Court Commutes 10-Year Jail Verdict Issued against Protestors to 5 Years
2018-05-03 - 8:09 p
Bahrain Mirror: The High Appeals Criminal Court commuted the 10-year jail verdict issued against a suspect along with 5 others to 5 years in jail.
The Public Prosecution accused the angry protestors of blocking the street with tires and putting a strange body inside the tires in Amman street. Investigations led to the 6 suspects.
Human rights organizations accuse Bahrain of using jurisdiction to punish protestors whose confessions are extracted under torture.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture