Cassation Court Suspends Ruling Ordering Company to Pay BD 7.4 Mln to another Company
2018-04-11 - 8:59 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahraini Court of Cassation ruled yesterday to suspend the execution of a decision to cancel a sale contract of a plot of land between two companies, as well as the decision to oblige the defendant company to pay the plaintiff an amount of 7.4 million dinars.
Regarding the details of the lawsuit, attorney Osama Anwar, the ppelant company's attorney, explained that an investment company had filed a lawsuit against the company before the High Civil Court, in which it requested annulling the initial sale contract, involving the purchase of a plot of land of more than 160,000 square meters, with a total value of 11375453.170 "11 million and 375,000 dinars", as well as obligating it to jointly pay the amount of 7463202.400 "7 million and 463,000 dinars", offer a compensation for its violation of its contractual and legal obligation of one million dinars, and charging it with the attorney expenses and fees.
The company challenged the ruling by appeal on 30/1/2018, and the High Court of Civil Appeal ruled accepting the two appeals in form, and rejecting in substance, upholding the appealed sentence. The plaintiff company did not accept the verdict, so attorney Osama Anwar challenged it by cassation, claiming fault in the implementation of the law. The Court of Cassation issued its decision to suspend the execution of the ruling pending the dismissal of the appeal.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture
comments powered by Disqus