Muharraq Prosecution Remands Suspect Accused of “Spreading Sedition” on Twitter for 7 Days Pending Investigation
2018-04-02 - 10:25 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Chief Prosecutor of Muharraq Governorate, Hussain Khamis, said that the Prosecution has started investigations about an individual's misuse of telecommunications devices by posting instigative, defamatory and slanderous tweets.
The Cyber Crime Directorate conducted thorough investigations to unravel the Twitter account's owner. An arrest warrant was obtained from the Public Prosecution to search his home. The suspect was apprehended, questioned and remanded to complete the investigations within seven days in an introduction to refer him to the specialized criminal court.
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini
comments powered by Disqus