10-Year Jail Term Issued against 8 Suspects Accused of Attacking Armored Vehicle in Nuwaidrat
2018-03-30 - 8:13 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Fourth High Criminal Court sentenced 8 suspects to 10 years in jail for attacking an armored vehicle owned by the Interior Ministry.
The authorities claim that the suspects gathered on January 18, 2017, holding Molotov and headed to the armored vehicle at Nuwaidrat entrance. They hurled Molotov against the vehicle. An individual hurled a Molotov inside the vehicle, causing burns to 3 policemen.
Human rights organizations challenge the charges raised against political detainees, since they doubt the independence of the judiciary, whose members are assigned by royal decrees, and since it issues sentences based on confessions extracted under duress and evidence presented by secret investigations and anonymous witnesses
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture
comments powered by Disqus