Appeals: 5-Year Jail Term against Suspect Accused of Joining “Saraya Al-Mokhtar”
2018-03-28 - 9:46 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Fifth High Criminal Appeals Court commuted a 10-year jail term issued against a Bahraini, accused on joining "Saraya Al-Mokhtar" and attempting to kill a police officer through shooting him in Sitra, to 5 years.
The first instance court had sentenced the appellant and 16 others to prison terms ranging from life term and 10 and 3-year jail term.
Human rights organizations challenge the charges raised against political detainees, since they doubt the independence of the judiciary, whose members are assigned by royal decrees, and since it issues sentences based on confessions extracted under duress and evidence presented by secret investigations and anonymous witnesses
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture
comments powered by Disqus