3-Year Jail Term Handed down to Defendant Accused of Burning Tires in Al-Dair
2018-03-28 - 9:45 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Fourth High Criminal Court issued 3-year jail term against a suspect accused of assembling, burning tires and attacking policemen in Al-Dair.
The Public Prosecution accused the suspect of setting fire, along with other unknowns, on 13/4/2016, to tires that would endanger people's lives and money and attacking a policeman while and for performing his job, causing him the injuries mentioned in the medical report, noting that the injuries didn't hinder him from performing their personal job for more than 20 days. It also accused him taking part in an assembly of more than 5 persons in a public place, acquiring Molotov, aiming at using them to put people's lives and money to danger, as well as insulting three policemen for and while performing their job.
Since 2012, riot cases that go under the demonstrations and riot section of the penal code were adapted to apply to the terrorism law, if there were "terrorist" purposes behind them, such as attempted murder of a police officer, violating the provisions of law and endangering the lives of people and their properties, within the regime's framework of harshening penalties against protesters and activists.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture
comments powered by Disqus