Cassation Court Considers Appeal against Wa’ad Dissolution on March 19
2018-03-12 - 10:18 p
Bahrain Mirror: Ahmad Al-Ghasra, member of National Democratic Action Society (Wa'ad), the second largest opposition society in the country, said that the cassation court will consider the appeal against Wa'ad dissolution on March 19.
The Ministry of Justice had filed a lawsuit demanding the dissolution of the secular opposing Wa'ad society. Wa'ad was dissolved on May 31, 2017 and the verdict against it was upheld by appeals court on October 26, 2017.
Wa'ad is considered to be the third opposition society that has been dissolved since the outbreak of mass protests in the country in 2011, following the Islamic Action Association (Amal) and the National Islamic Wefaq Society, the largest opposition group that was dissolved a year ago.
- 2023-05-27Sheikh Ali Rahma: Scholars Don't Intend to Harass Anyone When Performing their Legitimate Duty
- 2023-05-27Palestinian Prisoners Information Office Pays Tribute to Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-27900 Unemployed Bahraini Engineers, Gov't Still Refuses Bahrainization of Jobs
- 2023-05-27Diraz: Mass Protest after Friday Prayer Condemning Sheikh Sanqour's Arrest, Normalization with Zionists
- 2023-05-25Four Detained Scholars Including Al-Wefaq Secretary-General: Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour's Arrest Aims at Silencing Voice of Truth
comments powered by Disqus