Bahrain Describes High Commissioner Report as “Baseless Claims” “Based on Biased Sources”
2018-03-09 - 9:32 p
Bahrain Mirror: Yusuf Abdulkarim Bucheeri, Permanent Representative to the United Nations Office in Geneva and other Organizations expressed "Bahrain's dismay over the negative remarks contained in the High Commissioner's written review on the annual report on the Kingdom that contained inaccurate information such as harassment of human rights defenders and other deleterious comments on the recent legal actions taken by Bahrain."
Bucheeri delivered on Thursday (March 7, 2018) a statement under item 2 of the Council's agenda in the interactive dialogue with the High Commissioner on Bahrain's annual report and its review statement, at the 37th Session of the Human Rights Council in Geneva, held in Geneva from 26 February to 23 March.
He said "such recurrent void allegations as not based on impartial or objective sources, and do not touch the reality of the situation in the Kingdom. They deliberately and unfairly side with malicious elements who have suspicious political agendas and sectarian tendencies and who want to inflict harm on the Kingdom of Bahrain and demean its achievements in the field of human rights." Bucheeri further stated "This is crystal clear from their support for the discourse of hatred and internal violence groups and for this reason. The Kingdom of Bahrain totally rejects the content of this statement with all the wrong and unacceptable descriptions it has given to the state."
Bucheeri claimed that the authorities provide full protection for citizens' right to expression, affirming the absence of any harassment of human rights activists or human rights advocates because of their activities except being subject, like other citizens, to the rule of law and accountability in case they violate law provisions.
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
- 2023-03-24On Int'l Day for the Right to the Truth, Salam Demands Revealing Violations
- 2023-03-24US State Department on HR Conditions in Bahrain: Ongoing Torture, Discrimination against Shiites
- 2023-03-23More than 30 Lawyers File Complaints to Prosecute Citizen under Pretext of "offending them"
- 2023-03-23NPRA Employee Sentenced to One Year in Jail for Disclosing Secrets and Photos of People
comments powered by Disqus