Al-Wasat Newspaper Evacuates its Offices 9 Months after its Closure
2018-02-28 - 11:09 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahraini Al-Wasat newspaper evacuated on Tuesday (February 27, 2018) its offices in Abu Saiba, as an introduction to hand over the building to the owner next month, 9 months after its closure.
The Bahraini authorities suspended the newspaper on June 5, 2017 after accusing it of "publishing an article insulting one of the Arab sisterly countries," in reference to an article written by Kassim Hussein in which he tackled Moroccan Al-Hoceima incidents.
Al-Wasat is considered the only independent newspaper in the country, as the Royal Court and Deputy Prime Minister Office control the 4 local daily newspapers.
- 2023-03-20Abdulwahab Hussein Calls for Dedicating Day to Prisoners to be Commemorated Annually
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Int’l Monitors to Visit Prisons
comments powered by Disqus