One-Year Suspended Jail Term Handed down to University Student Studying in London over Bringing Air Gun and 500 Ammunitions
2018-02-25 - 9:09 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Fourth High Criminal Court issued, in absentia, one year jail term and 500 BD fine against a university student studying in London over charge of bringing an air gun and 500 ammunitions with him on a plane. The Suspect was seized in Bahrain International Airport. The court ordered the suspension of sentence for three years starting from the date of final judgment and confiscation of seized items.
The Public Prosecution accused him of acquiring on 20/5/2017 an air gun without a license from competent parties.
In the ruling, the court stated that the accused does not have any record of such crimes which led it to believe that he would not return to committing a new crime and thus suspended the sentence pursuant to Articles 81 and 83 of the Code of Criminal Procedure.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture
comments powered by Disqus