3-Year Prison Terms Handed down to 4 Bahraini Women and 2 Men for “Covering Up” for Wanted Persons
2018-02-21 - 7:23 p
Bahrain Mirror: The High Criminal Court in Bahrain sentenced on Wednesday (February 21, 2018) five members of the same family, including three sisters, to three years in prison in case involving "covering up" for wanted persons.
Activists said the first instance court had sentenced the sisters (Amal, Iman and Fatima Ali) as well as the husbands of two of them (Mohsen Al-A'li and Ali Al-Shagal) to three years in politically-motivated case on similar charges.
On a related note, a court sentenced another Bahraini national (Madina Ali) to three years' imprisonment, on charges of covering up for a wanted person as well.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture
comments powered by Disqus