VIDEO: Sayed Nasrallah Warns against Danger of “Demographic Change” in Bahrain, Reiterates his Support for Bahraini People
2018-02-17 - 8:47 p
Bahrain Mirror: Hezbollah Secretary General Sayed Hassan Nasrallah warned of the danger of demographic change in Bahrain through the extensive naturalization policy adopted by the Bahraini authorities, stressing that he stands by the people of Bahrain and their demands, on the seventh anniversary of the February 14 uprising.
In a speech addressing a crowd of supporters at the Sayyid Al-Shouhadaa Compound in the southern suburbs of Beirut, Sayed Nasrallah said that the Bahraini people remained steadfast and challenged the authorities despite the house arrest imposed on Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim, and the fact that clerics, opposition leaders and thousands of youths remain behind bars, highlighting that "the demonstrations did not stop". "I tell you that these people did not stop not after 7 years, 8 nor 10 years, and they are adamant to achieve their legitimate demands".
Nasrallah pointed to a "very dangerous" issue, i.e. the demographic change project taking place in Bahrain, which seems more like an "Israeli project", he said.
He further stated that Bahrain is the only country in the world that punishes by revoking the nationalities of the indigenous people of Bahrain, while naturalizing people from all over the world. "The issue is that the [people in the] government and the authorities that withdraw the nationalities of the native Bahrainis are not indigenous themselves, but were brought to Bahrain to rule it."
Concluding his speech, Nasrallah reiterated his solidarity with and support for the oppressed and persecuted Bahraini people.
- 2018-03-02Ali Al-Aswad from Geneva: Bahraini Authorities Failed to Convince Int’l Community the Opposition is “Terrorist”
- 2018-03-02VIDEO: Sayed Ghoraifi Takes Part in Freedom Martyrs’ Funeral in Karbabad
- 2018-02-23VIDEO: Washington Calls for Nabeel Rajab’s Immediate Release
- 2018-02-21US Department of State: We Will Continue to Have Conversations with Bahraini Government about Nabeel Rajab Case
- 2018-02-20Adam Nabeel Rajab: My Father Spent 4 out of 7 Uprising Years in Prison
comments powered by Disqus