Cassation Court Overrules Verdict Convicting 8 Defendants of Joining ISIS
2018-02-13 - 11:00 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Court of Cassation in Bahrain overturned the ruling issued against 8 out of 24 defendants convicted of joining the ISIS terrorist organization, returning the case to the court that issued the verdict.
A court of first instance had sentenced the first defendant to life imprisonment, 23 others to 15 years in prison and ordered the revocation of the citizenships of 13 defendants. A royal decree later withdrew the nationalities of the rest and thus all 24 defendants were stripped of their nationalities.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture
comments powered by Disqus