Two-Year Prison Term Handed down to Bahraini for Burning Tires in Salmabad
2018-02-06 - 10:22 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Fourth High Criminal Court sentenced to two years' imprisonment a Bahraini over charges of setting up a replica of explosives and setting fire to two tires in the Salmabad area and ordered the confiscation of the seizures.
The Court stated that it had relied on mitigating circumstances since the accused was under the age of 18 at the time of the crime.
The authorities claimed that on June 10, 2015, the accused and other unknown suspects set fire to two tires on the 12th Street in the Salmabad area, planted a replica simulating explosives, i.e. a small gas cylinder attached to electric wires and a mobile phone, and then fled the scene. The authorities further stated that specialists were sent to the scene and the DNA found matched that of the accused as well as the fingerprints raised from the two evidence samples, adding that investigations indicated his involvement in the incident.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture
comments powered by Disqus