15-Year Jail Term against 3 Defendants Accused of Causing Blast that Led to Injuring 4 Policemen in Al-Qarya
2018-01-11 - 9:13 p
Bahrain Mirror: The First High Appeals Criminal Court upheld a 15-year jail term against 3 suspects out of 7, over a case of causing a blast that led to injuring 4 policemen in Al-Qarya, for not attending the appeals sessions.
The authorities claim that they received a notice stating that 7 tires and 4 garbage cans have been set to fire. The security forces headed to scene and while attempting to extinguish the fire, a strange body exploded and injured 4 security men who were transferred to the hospital to receive needed treatment. Investigations led to the suspect who admitted committing the crime and led the police to other suspects.
The first-instance court sentenced 7 defendants to 15 years in prison, 3 appellants appealed the sentence and didn't attend their session before the appeals court. The court, thus, rejected the appeals and upheld the sentence.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture
comments powered by Disqus