Photos: Sheikh Isa Qassim’s House Arrest Continues
2018-01-09 - 10:30 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahraini security forces continued on (Tuesday, January 9, 2018) the house arrest of spiritual leader of Shia majority in the county Sheikh Isa Qassim for the 232nd consecutive day.
Photos circulated by activists on social media outlets showed security armored vehicles surrounding the house of Sheikh Isa Qassim, who underwent a surgery last month.
Diraz village, where Sheikh Isa Qassim resides, has been under siege since June 2016. The authorities claimed that the siege was over the sit-in held outside Sheikh Qassim's house, however, the siege remained until this moment, despite the authorities forcibly dispersed the sit-in in May 2017.
- 2023-04-01Amnesty's 2022 Annual Report: Bahrain Continues to Restrict Freedom of expression, Hold Prisoners and Torture Them
- 2023-04-01Cassation Court Hands Down One Month Jail Term to Citizen over "Insulting Public Employee"
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
comments powered by Disqus