Court Hands down 2-Year Jail Term instead of 3 to 2 Brothers over Attacking 2 Policemen
2017-12-29 - 9:01 p
Bahrain Mirror: The High Criminal Appeals Court commuted the 3-year jail sentence of two brothers who attacked two policemen to 2 years only. The two policemen had came to arrest one of the bothers who is sentenced to 5 years in jail over robbery case.
The first-instance court had sentenced the second appellant (wanted) "37 years" and the first appellant "25 years" to 3 years in jail and acquitted the first one of slander charge.
The court was reassured that the two appellants attacked on 23/9/2014 the bodily integrity of the corporal (first victim) for being one of the public forced members, and for and while performing his job, causing him the injuries mentioned in the medical report, noting that the injuries didn't hinder him from performing his personal job for more than 20 days.
The second appellant attacked the bodily integrity of the corporal (second victim) for being one of the public forced members, and for and while performing his job, causing him the injuries mentioned in the medical report, noting that the injuries didn't hinder him from performing his personal job for more than 20 days.
The first suspect used power and violence with the first victim to hinder him from performing his job; i.e. arresting the second appellant. He also insulted the two public officers while and for performing their jobs.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture
comments powered by Disqus