Hamoud Sultan Confirms He’s Banned from Traveling to Attend Gulf Cup
2017-12-15 - 8:26 p
Bahrain Mirror: Former football player and Qatari Cup sports analyst Hamoud Sultan confirmed on his Instagram account yesterday, what he described as a travel ban imposed on him.
"My family in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait forgive me for not answering your invitation to participate in the Gulf tournament due to the circumstances of a travel ban, as I deeply cherish you all," wrote Sultan.
News about a travel ban imposed on Sultan has been circulated since November 6, 2017.
"What happened to Captain Hamoud Sultan should not have happened," said Ibrahim Al-Sheikh in his column in Akhbar Al-Khaleej earlier, stressing that "this is not how sports figures should be treated, as they have strived for years to bring joy and happiness to the people."
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations
comments powered by Disqus