US Department of Defense Signals Beginning of Work on Fighter Procurement Programs for Bahrain and Qatar
2017-11-18 - 7:55 p
Bahrain Mirror: A website specialized in military affairs said that the US Department of Defense has signaled the beginning of work on fighter procurement programs for Bahrain and Qatar with the announcement of a USD 643 million engine contract for General Electric (GE).
The seven-year Foreign Military Sales (FMS) contract, which was announced on 9 November, covers an undisclosed quantity of GE F110-GE-129 engines, as well as related equipment and services.
The website said that this deal is the first related to Bahrain's procurement of 22 new Lockheed Martin F-16V Fighting Falcons and upgrade of a further 20 to the same standard, as well as to the building of 36 Boeing F-15QA Advanced Eagles for Qatar.
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
comments powered by Disqus