Bahraini Shiite Cleric Sentenced to One Year in Prison for Shiite cleric Mohiddin Al-Mashaal
2017-11-02 - 9:58 p
Bahrain Mirror: A Bahraini court sentenced on Wednesday (November 1, 2017) Shiite cleric Mohiddin Al-Mashaal to one year in prison on charges of "insulting the (Prophet's) companions."
Bahrain raises such charges to justify the arrests of Shiite clerics.
Al-Mashaal was commemorating the martyrdom of Imam Ali bin Abi Talib last Ramadan, before being arrested by the authorities.
Bahraini authorities have apprehended dozens of Shiite clerics for their anti-government stances or due to their commemoration of the religious occasions of the Shiite sect to which the majority of the Bahraini population adheres.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture
comments powered by Disqus