European Union: Decision to Dissolve Wa'ad Risks Further Polarizing Bahrain's Society, Contravenes Constitution
2017-10-28 - 8:36 p
Bahrain Mirror-Exclusive: The European Union said that "The decision by the High Appeal Court of Bahrain of 26 October to uphold the Appeal Court ruling to dissolve the National Democratic Action Society (Waad) contravenes provisions on the freedoms of speech and association as enshrined in the Constitution of Bahrain and therefore risks further polarizing Bahrain's society."
The EU added in a statement on Friday (October 27, 2017) that "it has repeatedly expressed this position to the authorities in Manama, who have a duty to ensure that citizens of Bahrain retain their ability to create and participate in political parties, in full respect of their political and civil rights."
The European Union concluded saying that it "remains committed to supporting democracy in the country."
- 2023-06-08Bahrain Stripped of FEI Endurance World Championship Title After Tribunal Decision
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
comments powered by Disqus