Bahrain Prosecutes 16 Asian Nationals over Charges of Money Laundering
2017-10-27 - 3:11 am
Bahrain Mirror: The Public Prosecution in Bahrain referred a number of Asian nationals to trial over charges of money laundering on October 25, 2017.
According to the Public Prosecution, 16 Asian nationals received frequent remittances from a number of people in different foreign countries via exchange agencies and sent them to other people in other countries in return for receiving an amount from these transfers as a commission.
The prosecution added that the investigation indicated that the source of the money was the proceeds of electronic fraud crimes committed by the main defendants in the case against several victims in different European countries.
The Public Prosecutor's Office charged all the charged with money laundering for having conducted several transactions related to the proceeds of electronic fraud. The prosecution ordered the incarceration of the accused, imposed a travel ban on them and referred them to criminal prosecution.
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
comments powered by Disqus