Prosecution Releases Ibrahim Sharif after Accusing him of Insulting Ministry of Information Affairs
2017-10-24 - 5:21 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Public Prosecution decided to release Wa'ad former Secretary-General Ibrahim Sharif under guarantee of his place of residence.
Sharif was summoned to the prosecution and interrogated on Monday (October 23, 2017). He was accused of insulting Ministry of Information Affairs, over a tweet he posted commenting on what was published in a one of the local newspapers at end of August. Sharif criticized in his tweet the Gulf media for lack of awareness and strategic understanding.
It is to mention that Sharif spent 3-year jail term verdict due to his role in February 14th events. He was then released and arrested for one year in prison, before he was later freed.
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations
comments powered by Disqus