Chairman of Bahrain Transparency Society Prevented from Traveling to Participate in Transparency Intíl Conference
2017-10-19 - 7:01 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahraini security authorities prevented on Wednesday (October 18, 2017) Sayed Sharaf Al-Mosawi, the chairman of the Bahrain Transparency Society, from traveling to Germany to take part in Transparency International Conference held in Berlin.
Transparency International expressed serious concern about the Government of Bahrain restricting the freedom of movement of Sayed Sharaf Al-Mosawi, calling on Manama to lift the restriction imposed on him and stop harassing him.
Transparency International considered in a statement that this crackdown on anti-corruption activists is inconsistent with commitments made by the Government of Bahrain, which signed the United Nations Convention against Corruption.
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations
comments powered by Disqus