Authorities Prevent Transparency Chairman from Leaving Country, Summon Nidal Al-Salman for Interrogation
2017-09-19 - 8:03 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahraini security authorities prevented on Monday (September 18, 2017) Sayed Sharaf Al-Mosawi, the chairman of the Bahrain Transparency Society from leaving the country. The authorities also summoned Bahrain Center for Human Rights member, activist Nidal Al-Salman for interrogation tomorrow.
The authorities interrogated activist Ahmad Al-Saffar and activist Enas Oun, charged them with assembly and told them they are banned from traveling.
The authorities in Bahrain penalize activists with travel bans, so they would not be able to participate in international events, especially the UN Human Rights Council (UNHRC) sessions held in Geneva.
During the opening of the UNHRC 36th session on Monday (September 11, 2017), the High Commissioner for Human Rights Prince Zeid bin Ra'ad Al Hussein criticized the Bahraini authorities' severe restrictions imposed on civil society and political activism through arrests, intimidation and travel bans.
- 2023-03-20Abdulwahab Hussein Calls for Dedicating Day to Prisoners to be Commemorated Annually
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Int’l Monitors to Visit Prisons
comments powered by Disqus