Prominent Opposition Leader Ibrahim Sharif Summoned for Interrogation
2017-09-12 - 6:01 p
Bahrain Mirror: Bahraini Public Prosecution summoned, former Wa'ad Society Secretary-General, Ibrahim Sharif for interrogation tomorrow.
Sharif said that he was handed a subpoena this morning asking him to present before the prosecution tomorrow (Wednesday, September 13, 2017) at 9 AM, without clarifying the reasons.
The authorities in Bahrain penalize activists with travel bans, so they would not be able to participate in international events, especially the UN Human Rights Council (UNHRC) sessions held in Geneva.
During the opening of the UNHRC 36th session on Monday, the High Commissioner for Human Rights Prince Zeid bin Ra'ad Al Hussein criticized the Bahraini authorities' severe restrictions imposed on civil society and political activism through arrests, intimidation and travel bans.
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
- 2023-03-24On Int'l Day for the Right to the Truth, Salam Demands Revealing Violations
- 2023-03-24US State Department on HR Conditions in Bahrain: Ongoing Torture, Discrimination against Shiites
- 2023-03-23More than 30 Lawyers File Complaints to Prosecute Citizen under Pretext of "offending them"
- 2023-03-23NPRA Employee Sentenced to One Year in Jail for Disclosing Secrets and Photos of People
comments powered by Disqus