Front Line Defenders Expresses Grave Concerns about Harassment of Activist Zainab Al-Khamis
2017-09-06 - 9:18 p
Bahrain Mirror- Exclusive: Front Line Defenders expressed its concerns about the continued harassment, intimidation, and summoning of human rights defender Zainab Al-Khamis, who received a subpoena [by the Bahraini authorities] yesterday.
The organization urged the Bahraini authorities to revoke the summons against Zainab Al-Khamis; and refrain from placing any restrictions on her free movement and cease all further forms of harassment against her, as it is believed that these measures are not only solely related to her legitimate human rights activities but, furthermore, constitute a direct transgression of the rights of Zainab Al-Khamis.
Front Line Defenders called on the Bahraini authorities to guarantee in all circumstances that all human rights defenders in Bahrain are able to carry out their legitimate human rights activities without fear of reprisals and free of all restrictions.
It is to mention that the General Directorate of Investigation and Criminal Evidence summoned activist Zainab Al Khamis for interrogation on Wednesday (September 6, 2017).
Activists said that the security authorities surrounded Al-Khamis house in A'ali to hand her the subpoena.
- 2023-05-30On Way to Jaw Prison: Conversation with Martyr Ahmad Asfour Narrated by Sheikh Ali Salman's Wife
- 2023-05-29Al-Wefaq: Saudi Regime's Execution of Two Bahraini Youths is Sin
- 2023-05-293 HR Organizations: Saudi Execution of Two Detained Bahrainis is Extrajudicial Killing
- 2023-05-29Bahrain Scholars: Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan are Two of the Nation's Martyrs
- 2023-05-29Sheikh Ali Salman Offers Condolences to Parents of Two Martyrs Sadiq Thamer, Jaafar Sultan
comments powered by Disqus