Amnesty Launches Action Demanding Release of HR Defender Ibtisam Al-Saegh
2017-08-24 - 7:55 p
Bahrain Mirror- Exclusive: Amnesty International launched an action demanding the Bahraini authorities to immediately release human rights defender Ibtisam Al-Saegh and asked its followers to send a letter [through Amnesty's website] to the Ministry of Interior to express their deep concern about her detention.
The letter read: The charges brought against Al-Saegh are a clear attempt to silence her legitimate work exposing human rights violations [in Bahrain]. Her detention has been strongly condemned by the international community.
In its letter, the organization urged the Ministry of Interior to ensure that she is not tortured or otherwise ill-treated, and that she has regular access to family, a lawyer of her choosing and any medical attention she may require.
Amnesty urged the Ministry of Interior to use the power of its office to secure Al-Saegh's immediate and unconditional release.
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
comments powered by Disqus