Photos: Detainee Mahmoud Hussein Released after 7 Years of Arrest over Political Reasons
2017-08-22 - 7:41 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahraini security authorities released on Monday (August 21, 2017) youth Mahmoud Hussein (Al-Diwani), from Ma'ameer, after serving his 7-year jail term over political cases.
Hussein was arrested on August 21, 2010 in a house raid in a security campaign that targeted activists and dissidents. He was accused of "scrap fire".
Hussein was sentenced to 7 years in prison and his colleague in the same case, youth Jaafar Hassan Isa, who was arrested at King Fahd Causeway on (August 30, 2010), was also sentenced to 7 years in prison.
Jaafar Isa is supposed to be release on August 30 for finishing his prison term.
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-30Amnesty: Sultan and Thamer Faced "Grossly Unfair" Trial
comments powered by Disqus