GCHR Asks Supporters to Call on Bahrain to Immediately Release Ibtisam Al-Saegh
2017-07-25 - 6:32 p
Bahrain Mirror-Exclusive: The Gulf Center for Human Rights (GCHR) asked his supporters in a statement published in Global Voice to tweet calling on authorities in Bahrain to "immediately and unconditionally free Ibtisam Al-Saegh, allow her unhindered access to medical care while she remains in detention, allow her proper meetings with her family and lawyer; and guarantee in all circumstances that human rights defenders in Bahrain are able to carry out their legitimate activities without fear of reprisals and free of all restrictions including judicial harassment."
The center said that his supporters can tweet in English or Arabic at Bahrain's Minister of Interior (@moi_Bahrain) and at Minister of Justice and Islamic Affairs (@Khaled_Bin_Ali).
The Bahraini authorities charged human rights activist Ibtisam Al-Saegh under Bahrain's terrorism law. Bahrain's public prosecutor ordered her arrest for six months pending investigation, and accused her of "using human rights work as a cover to communicate and cooperate with Geneva-based human rights group, Al-Karama Foundation."
- 2022-07-07Israel Reaches Record Trade Increase With Arab States Under Abraham Accords
- 2022-06-10Israeli PM Bennett Visits Abu Dhabi, Meets with UAE President
- 2022-06-10Israelis to be Allowed into Qatar for World Cup, Officials Say
- 2022-06-06Biden should not Visit Saudi, Meet Crown Prince: US Lawmaker Adam Schiff
- 2022-06-01Israel Signs UAE Free Trade Deal, Its First in Arab World
comments powered by Disqus