BFHR: 11 Female Bahraini Detainees under Government’s Political Retaliation Targets
2017-07-12 - 6:17 p
Bahrain Mirror: Bahrain Forum for Human Rights (BFHR) said that there are 11 female Bahraini detainees from 9 villages arrested over political motives and charges related to freedom of expression and peaceful assembly. Some of the detainees were subjected to torture and ill-treatment during their interrogating sessions. The Forum indicated that the Bahraini authorities have put the Bahraini woman among the political retaliation targets and that more than 340 Bahraini women were subjected to arbitrary arrest over political background since 2011.
BFHR stated that the female detainees are: Taiba Darwish (from Al-Malikiya- sentenced to 5 years in prison), Faten Hussein (from Manama-arrested), human rights defender Ibtisam Al-Saegh (from Muqasha-arrested), Mona Habib (from Arad-arrested), Amira Al-Qashaami (from Barbar-arrested), Hamida Jomaa (from Muqasha-arrested), Hajar Mansour (from Ras Rumman- arrested), Eman Ali (from Diraz-arrested), Fatima Ali (from Diraz-arrested), Madina Ali (from Al-Qarya- arrested) and Najah Al-Sheikh (from Nuwaidirat- arrested).
Bahrain Forum for Human Rights noted that women are arrested from houses in humiliating ways and at critical times. The authorities do not take into consideration the least rules in dealing with women while arresting them. BFHR added that report of Bahrain Independent Commission of Inquiry previously documented a number of cases that revealed heinous crimes committed by security forces against Bahraini women. The report also revealed maltreatment of women by individuals affiliated to the security apparatus at check points, while attacking houses and during arrests in a manner that contradicts with the national law, customs, traditions and international conventions.
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
comments powered by Disqus