BCHR Issues Report on UN International Day in Support of Victims of Torture, Calls on Govít to Halt Torture
2017-07-06 - 3:57 am
Bahrain Mirror: Marking the UN International Day in Support of Victims of Torture, the Bahrain Center for Human Rights (BCHR) strongly condemned Bahrain's systematic use of torture. The BCHR called on the Bahraini government to "unambiguously proclaim at the highest level that torture will not be tolerated," on the occasion of International Day in Support of Victims of Torture marked on June 26.
Moreover, the BCHR called on the government to announce and ensure that investigations and prosecutions will be carried out promptly against perpetrators of torture and those with command responsibility in all cases; ensure that evidence obtained through any form of coercion or torture is inadmissible in all judicial proceedings.
The center also demanded the government to conduct prompt and impartial investigations into such cases and take appropriate remedial measures; ensure that Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja is provided with adequate medical assistance; and put an end to the solitary confinement of Nabeel Rajab and ensure that he is provided with adequate medical assistance and redress.
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini
comments powered by Disqus