2&3-Year Jail Term to 2 Suspects over Shahrakan Assembly
2017-06-28 - 7:41 am
Bahrain Mirror: The Fourth High Criminal Court presided over by judge Ali Khalifa Al-Dhahrani and memberships of judges Ousama Al-Shathili and Wael Ibrahim and Ahmad Al-Suleiman as a secretariat sentenced a suspect to 3 years in prison and another suspect to 2 years over assembling and setting fire in Shahrakan.
The authorities claim that the 2 suspects, along with other unknowns, gathered on January 22, 2017 near Al-Zaraie obsequy in Shahrakan to burn tires, block street and hurl Molotov and stones against policemen.
The Public Prosecution accused the suspects of deliberately setting fire, along with other unknowns, on 22/1/2017, to movables that would put people's lives and money to danger and taking part, along with other unknowns, in an assembly of more than 5 persons, aiming at disrupting public peace, noting that they used violence to achieve the aim they gathered for. The prosecution also accused them of acquiring Molotov, aiming at using them to put people's lives and money to risk.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture
comments powered by Disqus