Bahrain Cancels UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Visit for ďLogistical ReasonsĒ!
2017-06-19 - 12:22 am
Bahrain Mirror: A Bahraini official announced on Saturday (June 17, 2017) the cancellation of the UN High Commission for Human Rights' invitation to visit the country, without giving clear reasons.
"For technical and logistical reasons, the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights' (OHCHR) visit to Bahrain has been postponed until further notice," said Assistant Foreign Minister Abdullah Al-Dosari on his Twitter account.
On June 8, 2017, Al-Dosari had met with the High Commissioner Prince Zeid bin Ra'ad Al-Hussein at the United Nations Headquarters.
"During the meeting, His Excellency extended an official invitation to the High Commissioner for Human Rights to visit the Kingdom of Bahrain in order to raise the level of cooperation in many human rights fields, including the program of technical support and capacity building and exchange of expertise," said an official statement.
šŔ—«ū Š√”»«» ›šŪ… śŠśŐ” Ū… √—Ő∆ «Š„›ś÷Ū… «Š”«„Ū… ŠÕřśř «Š«š”«š “Ū«— Ś« ŠŠ»Õ—Ūš Õ ž √‘ŕ«— ¬ő—. #ohchr #HRC35 #Bahrain #GCC— Abdulla F Al Doseri (@aaldoseri) June 17, 2017
- 2023-03-28HR Organizations Call for Activating "Magnitsky Act" to Hold Perpetrators of Violations Accountable
- 2023-03-28Sayed Al-Ghuraifi Calls for Purifying Climate, Initiating Serious Dialogues
- 2023-03-28Maryam Al-Khawaja: Bahrain Regime Setting up Circumstances to Cause Death of My Father and Other Prisoners, West Government Should Move before It's Late
- 2023-03-26Sheikh Al-Sadadi Calls to Make Use of Holy Month of Ramadan to Resolve Outstanding Issues, Release Prisoners
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
comments powered by Disqus