Video: Washington Concerned about Wa’ad Dissolution, Killing of Protestors in Diraz
2017-06-10 - 1:49 am
Bahrain Mirror- Exclusive: US State Department expressed deep concern about the decision taken by the Bahraini authorities to dissolve the opposition party, the Wa'ad political society, and said that they are following that situation closely.
In a press conference on Thursday (June 8, 2017), U.S. Department of State spokesperson Heather Nauert said that the US is concerned also in which people were killed in Diraz, in the village there in Bahrain. But we are concerned about the additional crackdowns on what we would consider to be opposition parties in the country, she added.
As for shutting down the independent Al-Wasat newspaper, the spokesperson promised to comment later on the issue, because she had no details about the case during the conference.
This is considered the first of its kind statement about the deteriorating human rights conditions since Trump assumed office on the onset of the year.
- 2018-03-02Ali Al-Aswad from Geneva: Bahraini Authorities Failed to Convince Int’l Community the Opposition is “Terrorist”
- 2018-03-02VIDEO: Sayed Ghoraifi Takes Part in Freedom Martyrs’ Funeral in Karbabad
- 2018-02-23VIDEO: Washington Calls for Nabeel Rajab’s Immediate Release
- 2018-02-21US Department of State: We Will Continue to Have Conversations with Bahraini Government about Nabeel Rajab Case
- 2018-02-20Adam Nabeel Rajab: My Father Spent 4 out of 7 Uprising Years in Prison
comments powered by Disqus