Hezbollah SG Says Diraz Raid a Riyadh Summit Outcome, Urges Lebanese Govít to Refuse Sheikh Qassimís Exile to Lebanon
2017-05-26 - 12:40 am
Bahrain Mirror: Lebanon's Hezbollah Secretary General Sayed Hassan Nasrallah called on Lebanon to refuse the exile of Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim, Bahrain's Shiite Leader, to its territories, just as Iraq has refused.
In a televised speech Thursday (May 25, 2017), Sayed Nasrallah said, "I demand the Lebanese government to reject the exile of Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim to Lebanon, as Iraq has done." He also urged the government to inform the Bahraini authorities their rejection ahead of time.
Sayed Nasrallah believed that the Bahraini authorities' attack on the peaceful protest in Diraz "one of the outcomes o the Riyadh summit".
"Everyone knows that there is a peaceful movement in Bahrain led by Sheikh Isa Qassim with wisdom and away from violence," Sayed Nasrallah said, adding, "The Al Khalifa regime, instead of listening to the people's demands, starting shooting fire, demolishing mosques, and besieging the people on all levels, right until reaching the decision to exile Sheikh Qassim."
"For a year now the Bahraini people have been protesting outside the house of Sheikh Isa Qassim to protest him, and attempts to break into his house were many," the Hezbollah SG stated.
On this level, Sayed Nasrallah said that today, the Bahraini authorities are heading towards exiling Sheikh Isa, demanding the Lebanese government to inform Bahrain of its rejection to his exile to Lebanon.
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations
comments powered by Disqus