Bahrain Scholars Call on Bahrainis to Gather in Mosques on the Eve of Ayatollah Qassim's Trial
2017-05-19 - 11:02 p
Bahrain Mirror: Bahraini scholars issued a statement calling on the men and women of the country to fill mosques in all regions in Bahrain on Saturday night (May 20, 2017), on the eve of scheduled trial of Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim on Sunday (May 21, 2017).
"The people highlighted the most magnificent epic in the entire history of Bahrain, in defending their religion. They remained closely tied to the longest popular sit-in in the national history", the statement said, in reference to the Diraz protest.
The statement added that the regime's continuous tyranny throughout the years only increased the people's determination, indicating that "the continuation of this trial only increased the vigor of the people's will.
"On the night of the trial against the sect and religion, we call on filling the channels or religion with sacrificing worshippers. May all the mosques of Bahrain in all areas be filled with men and women," the Bahraini scholars asserted in their statement.
"Be prepared for any moment a religious appeal is issued in the event of any unjust judgement [against Sheikh Isa Qassim]," the statement concluded, stressing that a word of religion is effective
Tags: Sheikh Isa Qassim, Diraz, Bahrain Scholars, Shiites Persecution in Bahrain, Revocation of Sheikh Isa Qassim's Citizenship, Diraz Protest, Sheikh Isa Qassim's Trial
- 2023-04-01Amnesty's 2022 Annual Report: Bahrain Continues to Restrict Freedom of expression, Hold Prisoners and Torture Them
- 2023-04-01Cassation Court Hands Down One Month Jail Term to Citizen over "Insulting Public Employee"
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
comments powered by Disqus