NIHR Receives UN Officer in Charge of the Middle East and West Asia Division
2017-05-16 - 6:08 p
Bahrain Mirror: The National Institution of Human Rights (NIHR) President Said Al-Faihani received United Nations (UN) Officer in Charge of the Middle East and West Asia Division Darko Mocibob in the presence of UN Resident Coordinator and UNDP Resident Representative Amin El-Sharkawi.
A statement issued by the NIHR said that the meeting focused on NIHR-led role to strengthen cooperation with the United Nations. The two sides reviewed the dedicated role of the Bahrain's watchdog to promote human rights, in compliance with international obligations and covenants, highlighting the challenges and impediments. They also agreed to strengthen cooperation and support efforts towards attaining shared objectives.
- 2023-03-28HR Organizations Call for Activating "Magnitsky Act" to Hold Perpetrators of Violations Accountable
- 2023-03-28Sayed Al-Ghuraifi Calls for Purifying Climate, Initiating Serious Dialogues
- 2023-03-28Maryam Al-Khawaja: Bahrain Regime Setting up Circumstances to Cause Death of My Father and Other Prisoners, West Government Should Move before It's Late
- 2023-03-26Sheikh Al-Sadadi Calls to Make Use of Holy Month of Ramadan to Resolve Outstanding Issues, Release Prisoners
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
comments powered by Disqus